Kent Historical Museum is located at the the Bereiter House with parking at the rear via East Temperance St.
The Blue Star Memorial By-Way is a tribute to the Armed Forces of America.
The vine trellis was build as part of an Eagle Scout project.
Under the trellis is a ramp up to the front porch.
Stuart S. Nakamura’s monument that memorializes the Japanese American legacy in the White River Valley.
The front porch of the museum.
The view through the front door and into the entryway.
The room to the right is the office with beautiful wood for the walls, floor, and ceiling.
The living room is furnished with furniture and decor appropriate to 1908.
The dining room has a rail with period plates.
A collection of plates is showcased in the dining room.
This is a small tea room.
The kitchen was remodeled in the 1960s. A model of the 1908 kitchen can be viewed on the enclosed back porch.
The laundry room has many items that would have been used in 1908. We have included a modern washer and dryer and the older 1950’s vintage washing machine to acknowledge the advancement in technology through the years.
The view from the top of the stairs down to the entryway.
Rotating exhibits are featured in the community room. An example is this exhibit which highlighted movies and film.
The bathroom features all the period appropriate tub, sink, and toilet.
The master bedroom is furnished in period decor.
The children’s room features metal beds and some toys that the Bereiter boys may have played with.
The personal effects of Mr. M. M. Morrill are on display outside the sewing room.
The community room is devoted to rotating displays of the Greater Kent history.
In the community room is a display of memorabilia and artifacts from the Carnation Company, one of the earliest businesses in Kent.
Gentlemen would retire after dinner in the attic where a slate pool table, a card table, and a liquor cabinet were located.